Japan`s support is much appreciated for Africa to develop and own its path to peace, security and stability.
Professor Sukehiro Hasegawa participated in the second annual meeting of the International Advisory Board of CCCPA on April 10 and a consultation meeting between CCCPA and the Embassy of Japan on April 11, 2017 in Cairo, Egypt. Colonel Nozomu Shimizu, Defense Attaché participated in the dinner hosted by CCCPA on April 10, 2017.
The following was the agenda of the meeting.
10:00-10:15 Welcome Reception and Group Photo
10:15-10:45 Keynote Speech: “Egypt’s Role in Sustaining Peace, Security and Stability”
H.E. Sameh Shoukri, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Arab Republic of EgyptRead by Deputy Foreign Minister Hamdi Loza.
Contributing to Peace and Security in Africa and the Arab World: CCCPA’s Ongoing and Future Activities Counselor Ashraf Swelam, Director, CCCPA
11:30-13:30 Presentation of individual views by members of the International Advisory Board
18:30-21:00 Dinner discussion on “Africa and the Arab World in Turbulent Times: Charting Our Path to Peace, Security and Prosperity”
18:30-18:45 Welcome Reception and Group Photo
18:45-19:30 Panel Discussion
19:30-20:00 Questions & Answers
Public Event- Held in Opera room in Sofitel Hotel, Cairo El-Gezirah
11 April 2017, 10:00-12:00
Consultation between CCCPA and the Embassy of Japan
1. H.E. Kenneth Kaunda, Former President of Zambia
2. H.E. Joaquim Chissano, Former President of Mozambique
3. H.E. Dileita Mohamed Dileita, Former Prime Minister of Djibouti
4. H.E. Amre Moussa – Chairman of the Board, Former Secretary General of the League of Arab States
5. H.E. Mary Chinery-Hesse, Former Deputy-Director General of the International Labor Organization
6. H.E. Sukehiro Hasegawa, Former Special Representative of the UN Secretary General to Timor-Leste
7. H.E. Hesham Badr, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs for Multilateral Affairs & International Security